Tuesday 10 January 2012

NEW YORK Ten years after the tragedy

On 11 September 2001, the Twin Towers of the World Trade Center in New York were destroyed in a terrorist attack. Four young people from the USA, the UK and France remember that terrible day...

Lyle, age 25, Memphis, USA.
"I was 15 on the day pf the attack. I was at school, and saw rhe second plane* hit the Twin Tower live* on TV. We didn't feel* the trauma in the same way as the people of New York, but we were angry. I also felt* scared*. My country was under attack and I thought I was going to see armies* in the streets".

Olivia, age 25, France.
"I was 15 on the day of the attack. I watched it on TV in France. Cameras were doing close-ups* on the people who were jumping* from the Twin Towers. I felt* shocked and sad when I understood what had happend. But I wasn't worried* about France. They cleared* the Montparnasse Tower because it's the highest* point in Paris. It didn't seem safe*".


THE ATTACKS
On September 11, four planes* were hijacked* by terrorist. Two crashed* into the Word Trade Center in New York, one hit the Pentagon and another crashed in Pennsylvania. 2,996 people died in the country's worst terrorist attack in history.















VOCABULARY*:
Plane - Avió
Live - En directe
Feel - Sentirse
Felt - Sentirse
Scared - Asustat
Armies - Ejercit
Close-ups - Primer pla
Jumping - Saltar
Worried - Preocupat
Cleared - Desalotjar
Highest - Més alt
Safe - Segur
Hijacked - Secuastrat
Crashed - Estrallarse

No comments:

Post a Comment